Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A funny thing happened on the way to walk your dogs.....

Well, I guess it's a two for Tuesday...When it rains it pours, and god knows I can make it rain!

Anywho, here's a funny bit of a story. I was walking these two shoebox sized yappers deep in Petworth today, when I rounded a corner and came across a group of guys slowly making their way towards a car. As I drew nearer one of them gave me a strange wave, and they all cracked slightly crooked smiles at me. Oblivious to anything they might be saying due to my earbuds, I slipped them off and said "hey" as our paths met. One of them slyly says to me,"Ey man, you cuz?" (at least I'm 99% sure that's what he said....Ah my rock n roll killed 1K....) A little thrown off I repeated,"cuz?" Then came the moment of clarity in so many ways,"I see you slinging that blue back and forth in your back left pocket." My brain, and mouth both went,"oh!" (as in ohmygod, that guy wasn't waving at all, he was throwing up gang signs!) "*shaky laughter, shaky laugher* No..." And with that I casually went on my way....all the way to the Giant where I got a black bandana to replace the blue one that previously called my back left pocket home. I should have been tipped off to the intelligence of this move when several months ago, late on a Saturday night downtown, an suv pulled up, and excitedly out of the back window popped a head and yelled,"We're crips! we're crips!!" I suppose live and learn.....don't and end up on the wrong side a bullet. How man times must that nearly have happened to me in this neighborhood ?(or not for the same reason.......)

Well, I'm off to take care of some drive by's......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you were wearing it in your left pocket. I never really would have pegged you as a bottom. Just sayin'.