Thursday, April 24, 2008

And then I suddenly found myself on the Love Boat....

*Amusing explanatory photo not found*

But I do have this:


So, after what was falsely purported to be the most vomitously horrible trip turned out to be the best bus ride I have ever taken, Kadd and I suddenly found ourselves surrounded by beautiful Gringo Beach (or whatever it's "official" name is). We were quickly met at the buss station by a woman handing out fliers for a hostel, and that, we decided, was that.

When we got out of the cab we saw a strange brick, quirky, junior high, red, pink, and heart....painted building. A loud and welcoming voice beaconed us to come in....And suddenly we were surrounded by a group of attractive women giving us keys to our room...in a hostel called...."The Love Boat." I'll give you more pix later, but in the meantime, here is my view from the balcony:


And after about a three minute walk, I hit the most hella trill ocean that I have ever seen. From the gingo strip it looks something like this:


I have not gone swimming in years....I never swim....so I am enjoying the hell out

of playing the role of beach bum as opposed to black metal scumfuck for a while. No tight pants, no hoodie, no metal shirt.....Just navy blue swim trunks (well...and more often than not, big black shades....What can ya do?). I've been working on my sunburn, and I think it's coming along quite well...However I will STILL not fit in with the average crowd here (which is my life's goal..) comprised mostly of painfully well chiseled, uber attractive, men and women, who are serious surfers with serious money. Don't get me wrong, I hang out with my fair share of douchebags, but a very specific type of douchebag who I feel comfortable around. At any rate, it is rather amazing to be here, AND I certainly can't wait to get back to the water.......


In the meantime, you can hear me rant like an idiot on Kadd's great blog:
Here

Chiapas (Week Two) from Joshua Stephens on Vimeo.
I would say more, but um....I'm at the beach?...So deal with that

No comments: