Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bangers all night long......

If you know me, and you've ever seen me on the weekend, then you will have a complete understanding of how sober people can have hangovers. This is how I found myself this after noon at brunch. Somewhere between the two trucks that kept crashing over and over again into my pulverized body, and constantly requesting more coffee and water. HOW I got here can be summed up in the mother of all DC dj nights:

Gavin Holland
Will Eastman
Matt Nordstrom
Dave Nada
Tittsworth
and mutha fukkin DJ Assault

It was a full evening of total insanity, and I could not help be swept along for the entire ride.

Knowing alot of the people involved, I had a backstage pass, but only used this momentarily after I first arrived. Soon I bounced downstairs and hit the floor. There I would remain for almost the entire night. Though I did take a few minutes to say hi to my friend, superphotographer Josh Sisk. I hadn't seen him in forever. He had agreed to swing by from Bmore to take photos since it was Tittsworth's record release show. Josh is another guy I initially knew from the punk rock scene. It's funny how many of those people are now in the party scene, and how in an odd way I straddle both.

After we did some respect knuckles, I wandered out to the expansive dancefloor at 9:30 and waited for my last remaining dance partner, Kim, to arrive. It took her quite a while to get there, but that didn't stop me from willin' out by myself for a while. All the dj's were people I loved to see spin, so there really wasn't a bad part of the night. Though I will say, after hitting it hard for several hours, I was glad when the "live" portion of the evening arrived, so I could meander a bit.

Kim and I went to one of the bars for some water, and were spotted by Cale who urged us to get a pick taken in the prom style Tittsworth record-promo set up they had. The catch was, beyond the back drop, there were party lights, a smoke machine, and....oh yeah, a whole fleet of girls (one of whom was not; I give them great credit for that) in bikinis. They plopped me down front, straddling a chair, with Kim, leg up on mine, on my left, and both of us coated in bikini girls. I REALLY hope this pic gets posted.

I, of course, could not forget to mention hopping briefly downstairs to say a quick hello to the hottest bartender in the history of 9:30, Corrine. She was sadly swamped and sick all at once. Even though it was just a hi and bye considering the circumstances, it was, as always, totally worth the whole four seconds.....

Finally, after the MC's were done, and there was a warm up reprise from Dave and Jessie, DJ Assault took the decks, and in true style, hit the ground running with "Ass and Titties." From there it was a crushing, janky, blitz, of ghettoteck versions of every oversexed, down-and-dirty, and straight up vulgar banger that you have ever heard. What can I say, but fuck, it ruled. I screamed aloud to every dirty deed exploding from the speakers. Christ did I need that. It was the best night I'd been to in a while (okay, or since the Bliss eight year anniversary party last weekend....).

So, here I sit, a total pile of wreck, and I totally earned it........

No comments: