Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mississippi moment...

So,

I just felt like I was back home for a minute. One of the few perks of my current living situation is that there are some amazingly bamafied stores on the corner (which we are fortunately right next to). It has been a dreary rainy day here (the kind I would love if I still worked indoors...), so at this point I was only outfitted with my Colin of Arabia, not-quite-package-fitting, gym shorts, my new Weedeater shirt that proudly proclaims "Burn 1" on the back, and slippers. With a crumbled ten in one hand, and my keys in the other, I proudly trotted out and into the corner store.

American by luck, southern by the grace of god indeed............

Yes, I know, much more has surely happened than this since I last posted, and in fact, more has. To some it all up in a few cute "tiwtter moments," I went to my other grandmother's funeral; the one I thought would be so bad I'd actually had nightmares about it, but then it wasn't. I frantically, and flimsily moved into a punk rock house where I am nearly a decade older than the other inhabitants, and surely much much older than the mice. The good news is that I can use the show space in the basement to record a one off True Kvlt black metal record with John and others. My phone broke in a hail storm, and now I have a new one. I got a dj night, it went very well, I got another dj night, and screwed up the dates with my filming conflicts. Now that night is going to use someone who is not me. But hey, the good news is that I am in no way shape or form in a position to move to SF in Oct. like I wanted to, so I can always hop on the next night. It's great because I'd much rather be here to see the Halloween cover night than in SF seeing Corrupted play.........So, yes, I started filming again, and I really do love it like nothing else right now. I also caught a glimpse of some of my footage, and wanted to vomit to death. Which all also brings me to the fact that there is a chance that I will not only be in an episode of a a horror webshow, but one that is being produced by the one and only Herschel Gordon Lewis. I get so excited every time I think about it that I might have to start wearing depends. I got so depressed I feared for my wellbeing. The good news is that I am on medication, and it's helping. The bad news is I might need to be on more......I shot guns, and will shoot guns again. And finally, Weedeater amazing, Judas Priest, Motorhead, and Heaven and Hell live, amazing, Teenage Film Stars, pretty good, Bloody Panda, great band, Orphan, good as well, spending too much on Moss and Portal records but doing extra work to cover the cost, fuck yeah...............

So, that, as it were, is that...............................

PS, I had a very strange and awesome dream last night. To be honest, just a part of a dream; I don't really remember the rest. This may make no sense, but I was, maybe laying on something, I'm not sure, and I was flying at a high speed all through this gray/brown lint/felt colored/textured other world. I know it sounds simple, and uninteresting, but for me it was amazing. I say that because, not only was it much more vivid than my normal dreams, but I could honest to god feel it. I felt the high speed, and the air, and the texture of the world around me. Looking back, it was eerily euphoric. I don't think that has ever happened to me before. I certainly wish my life at the present was a quarter as good as that dream........

No comments: